Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Liverpool fan Nolan wants to have Fergie over for dinner

Liverpool and Manchester United are fierce rivals.

If you are a fan of Liverpool, chances are that you hate Man United.

Likewise, if you're a United supporter.

West Ham skipper Kevin Nolan though is a rarity; a Kop fan all his life, being born and bred in Liverpool, he  expressed his interest in inviting United manager Sir Alex Ferguson over for dinner. Speaking to the media ahead of the clash with Ferguson's United at Upton Park on Wednesday night, Nolan talked about how he had nothing but admiration for the job that Ferguson has done since taking charge of the Red Devils.

Nolan, who was speaking at the West Ham Sports Community event, said he would relish the chance to quiz Fergie over dinner as he seeks to gain insights on the astonishing levels of success achieved by the Scot. Nolan, 30, is contemplating a career in management and is preparing to take his coaching badges in the near future.


Said Nolan, “Fergie would definitely be one of my dream dinner guests. Manchester United have ruled the Premier League and it’s just something I’d like to pick his brains about. All my heroes were probably United players. I’d like to have a really good chat about how he did it, how he built the club, what’s the motivation, all that stuff."

He went on to add, “It was a massive statement when he said ‘when I leave this club I want to have more titles than Liverpool. I think everyone in the world of football respects what he’s done and no one can take away what he has done."

Nolan also went into how Sam Allardyce, his current manager gets along well with Fergie, “I’m hoping he doesn’t go away too soon because I love listening to him and I love him when he has his rants and winds people up. It’s great, I do chuckle. I know he’s close to Sam Allardyce too and the gaffer gets along with him and he takes a lot on board from him, so I really respect him.”

Of course, the Liverpool fan in him was not lost when he stated that he wished Ferguson had chosen Merseyside instead of Old Trafford: “I don’t know the ins and outs of United but what he’s built, obviously the training ground, the stadium, everything which has been done, it’s all because of him. I just wish he went to Liverpool all those years ago but it wasn’t to be and what he’s done for United is phenomenal.”

Winner, winner...Chicken Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment